Monday, January 14, 2013

First birthdays...

Is it just me or is there ridiculous pressure to have a perfect Martha Stewart first birthday party? Pinterest is the culprit, I think. I am trying to decide on a theme for Baby Guy's first birthday. It seems ridiculous! A theme?! For a one-year-old?! But I'm totally doing it. It's more for me than him, I guess. He won't know or care, really. He's just happy to have some stuff to play with and people to hold him, so going all out on a birthday party is a little lost on him.

I'm trying to rein it in a little. I can make the cake, but I don't really need hand-crafted party favors or decorations. I don't have to have a special outfit - he'll just get cake on it anyway - but a special t-shirt is okay. Paper invitations are nice, but I can order them online instead of hand making each one.

I'm looking for theme ideas on Pinterest, but I'm kind of at a loss. There are a lot of cute ideas out there, but I need to balance that with realistic assessments of what I can and cannot do. Crafty mama? Yes. Martha Stewart? No. Minimal free time means I won't have the most awesome first birthday bash for Butterbean, but it also means he's a happier baby every day, not just his birthday.

Deep breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment