Thursday, February 17, 2011

Daydreaming.

I want to live overseas. It's one of the big goals of my adult life. A small village in France or Italy or the UK somewhere. Or Germany... I'm not picky. Some days I want to live in a tropical locale - like a Caribbean island (Mustique, anyone?) - some days I want a place with seasons and snow. A place where we can have a bungalow like the house in "Under the Tuscan Sun" and walk to the street market for fresh fruits and veggies and bread and flowers every day. A place where the community becomes an extended family. A place where nieces and nephews can stay with us for weeks in the summer. A gathering place for our families during holidays or vacations. A place where our kids speak English at home and learn a completely new language outside of home.

I have no idea how to make this a reality though. Our current jobs don't lend themselves to moving abroad. (We both work for the government.) If anyone has any ideas on how a physicist and a wanna-be housewife/stay-at-home-mom can work and live overseas, I'm all ears. Until then, I guess I'll just have to daydream and plan vacations. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment