Thursday, April 28, 2011

#Whatistheworldcomingto?

I joined Twitter. I kind of can't believe I did it. I tend to be a bit of a techno-phobe. I feel like all of this technology - the ability to have all information at your finger tips at all times and the ability to be connected to everyone actually hampers our ability to connect with each other.

Sure, I can get a cell phone call from anyone who has my number while waiting in line at a public bathroom in Disney World, but does that really help me connect to that person on any meaningful level? Or does it just make me feel like I am in touch with people without actually having to have a meaningful interaction with them?

I know - I'm not saying anything new. It's just something I struggle with. (Something with which I struggle?) I like the idea of walking to the neighbor's house, or having friends over for dinner regularly, or those kinds of social interactions, but I also relish alone time. Maybe I enjoy being alone more because it is so rare?

I'm not explaining myself well, so I'll make a long story short: I joined twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment