Monday, July 2, 2012

Score!

We went to the free public day of the babywearing conference on Saturday. Half the traffic lights were out in DC due to a crazy storm the night before, trees were down all over the city and we had no power at home. Plus, the event was pretty disorganized and half-assed, if you ask me. Even so, we got some good info - like a demo on how to use a damn ring sling! (I have tried and tried but can't figure it out on my own. Finally tried to "follow along" with my sling as the instructor was demo-ing.) There were lots of neat vendors there and a raffle. The raffle was super stupid. They were supposed to hold it every half hour, but we only ever saw them do it once... And the raffled off like 3 drawings worth of stuff. We hung out long past when we were ready to leave to wait for the last raffle, which never materialized. There was some kind of miscommunication and we waited around for no reason apparently.

But! Lest you think we had no fun... We met a guy who started his own baby carrier business after pimping himself out in a deluxe carrier. (That man can sew like no one's business, but his website needs some work.) His carriers are freaking genius and I want one! I saw one that had owl fabric (love!) and one that had STAR WARS fabric! Star wars fabric, people! Don't even get me started on the pockets and clips and other cool features...

We didn't win anything at the raffles, but while chatting with the Britax people about carriers and strollers, they gave us a free carrier! It doesn't have everything I want in a carrier, but then again, nothing does. But man oh man is it comfortable! It's so soft and padded and cushy! I wore Baby Guy in it for hours and didn't get that pinch in my back I get with the Beco. Then, when I asked the guy about the raffle (after waiting around for an extra 2 hours...), he explained that there weren't any more, but gave me a pair of Beco baby socks (the thigh high ones)!

I love free stuff! Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment