Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Google stats counter is a harsh mistress.

On the management page of my blog, I can see stats for how many people visit the blog each day. Normally it's not a ton, but occasionally, I'll get a spike of, say, 50 people visiting in a single day. I always wonder at those days. Who are these people? How did they find the blog? Did they enjoy the read, or find it boring because I post no pictures?

The biggest problem with having a sudden (temporary) boost in readership is that I feel pressure to write something witty and engaging... Yeah. It's not that kind of blog. ;-)

So, we had a great weekend in Asheville. Allen and I got to spend a lot of time together - something we've been missing lately because of the hectic, break-neck pace of our lives. (Don't mistake "busy" for "interesting", though...) We got to sample all manner of vegan delights. It's always miraculous to me when I visit a place that has more than one (or zero) vegan/vegetarian restaurants from which to choose. Asheville also has a chippery. A little restaurant that makes and serves fresh potato chips. If you are ever there, I highly recommend the salt and three vinegar. So delicious, I'm daydreaming about them right now.

We also got to spend some time with our sweet friends before they make their way across country to a new adventure. We'll miss having them so close, but I'm so excited for this new chapter in their lives. It seems like almost all of my friends are starting new adventures recently - parenting, new jobs, cross-country moves, back to school in a foreign country, the Peace Corp... So many exciting new changes on the horizon. For a while I was feeling stagnant - like Allen and I were being left behind while everyone else moved forward - but now, even though we're still waiting on Barker and those damn CPS clearances, I feel like we're on the cusp of something new and wonderful. It won't be long now... (At least, it better not be long now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment