Thursday, August 4, 2011

High chairs.

I am a girl caught between worlds. I love antique furniture. I love anything with a sense of history. One of my favorite things is touching something old and hand-made and thinking about the person who made it - what they were thinking about as they carved or sewed - and all the people who have touched it and used it and loved it before me. But I am also a girl who loves modern and minimalist design. Clean lines, uncluttered spaces. A very Japanese aesthetic, if you will.

So what to do about a high chair? Do I go with the antique style wooden one, or something more modern (and easier to clean)? Right now, at the top of my list is this one:

Boon 2011 Flair Highchair - Coconut w/ Tangerine Pad

The Boon Flair. It's kinda pricey ($230 on the website), but it's all one piece, easy to clean, comes in fun and funky colors, and has a clean, modern aesthetic that really appeals to me. Plus, one of my favorite Mommy-bloggers, Melissa at Dear Baby, swears by it. It also has a pneumatic lift so you can adjust the height easily, and the tray inserts fit in (and are safe for) the dishwasher!

Granted, I still have a lot of time before I need to make this decision, and a lot of other options to explore, but right now, this high chair is tops on my list. Anyone else have a high chair recommendation? Anyone else use the Boon and love it - or not? Do I even need to worry about a high chair right now?! We don't even have the kid yet, and presumably, we wont' need a high chair until they start on solid foods which is around what? Six months? Eight? Maybe I should find that out first before I go buy a high chair...

P.S. If anyone from Boon reads this and wants to send me a high chair to "test", I'd be happy to! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment