Friday, September 30, 2011

Just keep swimming.

Exercise can be hard to come by in these parts. I go into the city on average once per week, and take public transportation, so I get a pretty good walk in. Allen has been encouraging me to take walks around the neighborhood and to do some light yoga at home, which we manage about 2 or 3 times per week. Well, probably more like 2. Or 1. I have plenty of excuses, but the bottom line is: I need to make more time for exercise.

I joined the local YMCA gym last Spring, specifically because they have an indoor track for running and a heated pool. I haven't been in... months. It's ridiculous, I know. I was going pretty regularly for a while but then fizzled out as I started to flounder at work. I finished my work early this week (for once), and decided it was high time for a re-commitment to exercise. It will only help me and Butterbean in the long run. So, after breakfast this morning, I went to the gym.

Why, oh why did I not do this sooner?! I know I'm not the first to say this, but seriously, swimming is the best! Pregnant women everywhere should make this their exercise of choice. Yoga is great for stretching and breathing, but I often feel that my belly is in the way. Swimming alleviates that feeling entirely. I am light and buoyant and I can stretch without feeling like I am squishing Babycakes. I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment