Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Baby blogs I love: Oh Dear Drea.

Oh Dear Drea is a blog written by a single mama in southern Florida. In addition to sharing my home state, she is also a vegan mama. In fact, she has a group of posts called "Diet Water" that feature recipes and no-nonsense advice for living a fresh, healthy (mostly) vegan lifestyle. In fact, we made the guest posted risotto recipe for dinner last night and it was a freaking smash hit! (Fair warning: if you make this as your main course, make a double recipe. We did and still had almost nothing leftover...) Tonight we're trying her Bread Garlic Soup. Yum...

While I feel like I have a lot in common with Drea, (She's crafty too!), her life is very different from my own, and I really appreciate seeing the single parenting side of the coin, as it were. She seems like a fun and spunky girl, and I love the pictures she posts of her adventures. Another thing I love about her blog is how realistic she is. She doesn't fill everything with sunshine and rainbows, and lets you into the challenges and hardships that come along with life. I really appreciate how honest she can be.

Go check her out. She's a fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment