Monday, June 27, 2011

A small start.

We have a lot of cleaning and organizing to do before our first kid comes home.We have some buffer time to get things done since we aren't finished with the homestudy yet. (Grr. I'll rant about that another time. But seriously, how long do CPS clearances take?! It's been over six freaking weeks!) Once we finish the homestudy, however, our "time to kid" will be highly variable. Could be a week, could be 13 months, could be anything in between. So we've been trying to get housework done, one small project at a time, wedged in between house-guests and summer travels. It's not as easy as it sounds. I'm exhausted and we have so much left to do.

This weekend we made a good start, though. I cleaned out the closet in the second bedroom and the linen closet, and Allen made a really good start on the attic. We also gave away a ton of crap (hooray for Freecycle!) and loaded the car for an as-yet-untaken trip to Goodwill. I am behind on literally everything - correspondence (both email and handwritten), phone calls (both personal and business), cleaning, organizing, crafting (don't get me started on how far behind I am on knitting projects...) and work (oh, work... when will I be able to walk away from you?), and I'm starting to feel so overwhelmed that shut-down mode is hovering in the wings. I'm trying to do just one small thing a week, even if it doesn't get completely finished. I'm hoping that strategy will save both my sanity and Allen's. He has to put up with me after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment