Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tattoos

I totally love tattoos. I only have one, but I have ideas for at least two more I'd like to get. I've put it off for a number of reasons: 1. They are expensive. It seems frivolous to spend money on body art when I have student loans to pay off (not to mention adoption costs). 2. We were trying to get pregnant and having a potential source of infection didn't seem like a great idea. 3. I hadn't found the right shop/artist. 4. I'm not totally happy with my body right now, so decorating it isn't high on my list of priorities.

So, since we're adopting, number 2 isn't applicable, and a friend just got an awesome tattoo from an amazing artist in NYC, so 3 isn't applicable any more either. The tattoo I want goes on my ankle, and luckily, my ankles aren't as... well padded... as the rest of me, so 4 is moot, too. The amazing artist has a 6 month wait list, which puts a small damper on things. So it's looking like maybe I might get a tattoo soon (except for the money part, but it's a small one so it shouldn't be terribly expensive. *famous last words*).

But.

In my effort to avoid being productive at work today (a.k.a. trolling the Internet for something interesting), I discovered that tattoo ink may not be vegan. What?! I saw an ad for a shop in Seattle that advertised "VEGAN INKS!". Which means other ink isn't vegan?! What the what?! What can possibly go into tattoo ink to make it not vegan?? My mind is officially boggled.

So, Mom? You can relax now. No new tattoos for a while. sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment