Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blogs I love: Via Ukraine.

In honor of National Adoption Month, I'd like to call your attention to one of my favorite blogs: Via Ukraine.

She's hilarious, but she's also honest and doesn't sugar coat anything. It's refreshing to find a blog that isn't all sunshine, rainbows and unicorns. Those blogs are great, but it's a relief to see that there are other women in the world who don't have perfect lives. She writes with such honesty about the struggles she had with infertility and adopting older children, and it never veers into self-pity, which is a hard line to walk.

Did I mention she's hilarious? I can't even tell you the number of times I have laughed out loud at something she wrote. This woman is responsible for my second favorite saying of all time: "Hold my earrings, Imma fight a man." If we lived in the same town, I would have asked her on a girl-date ages ago. She's exactly the person you want as a friend: witty and a bit sarcastic, with a fabulous sense of humor, but also kind and willing to lend a hand or a kind word.

She has an "ask me anything" feature on her blog, and she actually does respond to questions. This month she's trying to field adoption questions, so if there is anything you ever wanted to know about adoption, or older child adoption or adopting from an Eastern Bloc country, go ask her. But fair warning: you'll get addicted to her blog and end up stopping by every day. Ask me how I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment