Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The massive to-do list.

It is chaos around here. Absolute, complete and utter chaos.

Usually we can keep it in check a little, but with me trying to make it through my last rating period at work, Allen taking a promotion and a new work detail, being pregnant, and everything else... Well, the to-do list has gotten out of hand. We've crossed some things off - like getting a new mattress and painting the baby's room - but that has also added new things to the list. Like buying a new bed frame, getting rid of the old mattress, getting rid of the futon and the sewing table, painting the bedroom, rearranging and reorganizing. We also have to buy furniture for the baby's room, hire a birth assistant, find a pediatrician. All in addition to the normal things like laundry and dinner and social obligations. Feeling tired yet? Yeah... Me too.

We're just in that really awkward stage of slowly getting prepared with new stuff and needing to get rid of old stuff, but running out of room because we currently have both the new and old in the house. The second bedroom is closed off with three huge boxes holding the new mattress. I can't even fit in there any more between my belly and the furniture. The easiest solution would be to just donate everything to Goodwill, but our futon was kind of pricey and it seems a shame to not try to recoup some of that.

The good news is that the laundry is almost done, I have a good lead on a birth assistant, and a meeting set up with a highly recommended pediatrician. I also have an appointment with a chiropractor for tomorrow. I'm probably most excited about that. I have a pinched nerve in my pelvis and it's been driving me crazy for about six weeks now. It's only going to get worse as I get further along, so I figured it was time to nip it in the bud.

Sorry this post is so rambley. This is my state of mind lately. I'm trying to focus on one small thing at a time so I don't get overwhelmed with the daunting number of tasks we have ahead of us. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment