Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A good start.

I jumped a big hurdle yesterday in my work block. I finished a case that had been plaguing me for weeks and it felt really good. I have meetings all day today, but I really need to keep the momentum going so I can salvage the tattered remnants of my career before they blow away on the breeze. One case down, 213 to go. Roughly.

In other news, I'm a bit irked at Barker. I've left voicemails and sent emails asking some pretty relevant questions about our paperwork and have gotten zero response. I did this last week, so you'd think I'd have heard something by now. In fact, the only thing I have heard from them is that we owe them $2,000 for the privledge of the in-person interview.

...

If you have the chutzpah to send me a bill for two grand for talking to someone for an hour, you damn well better return my freaking phone calls. Even therapists for super-mega-wealthy people don't charge that. I'm just sayin'. I've been wavering on whether to call them again. I hate to be "that girl" who calls all the time, but my sweet friend pointed out that we essentially hired them to do a job and are paying them accordingly and as such, they should be communicating with us. So, I'm calling them today. And every day until someone answers my questions.

I'm a little worried that I'm over-reacting as a result of being in a heightened emotional state. We've been on emotional "Orange" for a while now,  so I try to temper my reactions accordingly. But since these questions have to do with the paperwork that we are sending to them this week, and getting something wrong on said paperwork means delays and set-backs, well, I think it's okay to be pissed that they seem to have lost my number.

Definitely calling them today.

No comments:

Post a Comment