Monday, May 16, 2011

Two weeks and two phone calls later...

Part of the homestudy requires a medical clearance. Basically, you get a physical and your doctor signs off that you don't have any major health issues. You also have extensive blood work done and a tuberculosis test. I'm not sure what happens if you have HIV or TB - they ask about those two things specifically - but I'm not going to worry about that, as I have neither.

I had extensive blood work done a few months ago as part of our infertility evaluation. Allen had some blood tests done, too, but his weren't as complete so he has to have another done. I called the infertility clinic two weeks ago to request that they send our blood work to our respective doctors so we could get our medical clearance done. So, naturally, they did nothing and didn't call me back. Awesome. So I put in another call at the end of last week, this time requesting that they send the results to us, since we need copies to give to Barker, anyway. I was prepared to write an uppity post today where I called and raised hell about how they want to talk to you yesterday if you want to spend $20,000 on IVF but don't have time to return your calls otherwise. Luckily, that post is unnecessary since our nurse called back this morning to say she put the paperwork in the mail today. No apology for ignoring the first request, but at this point I just want my blood work results and I want to be done with the fertility clinic.

The only thing missing from my file now is the TB test. Which I had scheduled for this morning - or so I thought. Turns out, my appointment is tomorrow. I found that out when I checked in to the doctor's office this morning. Allen's appointment is today... I think.

And three out of four reference letters have been turned in! The homestudy is going so fast and relatively smoothly. I'm a little worried that we're using up all our adoption karma too early and we'll have to wait longer for our child as a result. Silly, I know, but throw some salt over your shoulder for us, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment