Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tired and unmotivated.

I have not been getting enough sleep. I've been staying up late and sleeping in as a result, and it has to stop. I am also really, really unmotivated at work. That also needs to stop. I keep telling myself that next week will be different, but thus far, that has not been true. I'm really tired of being tired. I feel like most of my adult life has been me saying, "I'm tired." I think it has to do with the complete lack of exercise. Gotta get on that.

I feel a certain amount of pressure to stay at my job as long as possible to pay off student loans and rebuild savings. But I have a list of (literally) 50 other things that need to be done/I'd rather be doing. The bad news is that I sit in front of my computer all day goofing around on the Internet because I feel like if I sit at my desk, I'll do work. (Which is untrue.) Consequently, neither my work nor my housework gets done. It's a vicious cycle. If I'm not going to do my work, I should at least be doing something else productive. But the minute I start I feel bad for abandoning my desk. This will be moot in a few more months, but how do I make it until then?

I need to climb out of this funk and get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment