Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A hope-full day.

This is not a political blog, nor do I ever intend it to be. I try, on the whole, to stay out of politics. I have issues that I'm passionate about, to be sure, but I try very hard to not force my opinions on anyone. But, as it's my little corner of the Interwebs, I really wanted to share this video from the Minnesota State Legislature. Rep. Steve Simon is so eloquent and so logical and rational in his argument. He does something that my sister is great about doing: he poses a question and asks each of us to explore the answer, in degrees, for ourselves. In a time, maybe even an era at this point, of political, economic and occasionally personal turmoil, his message is one that fills me with hope. He envisions a future of justice and righteousness that includes everyone. You know that flutter in your chest when the orchestra swells and your heart feels like it will leap out of your chest with joy? That's how I felt watching his speech. (Also, props to the separation of church and state.)

"How many gay people must God create before we accept that he wants them around?"

No comments:

Post a Comment