Wednesday, October 12, 2011

New car!

The title says it all. We bought our first new car! Well, technically, it's a certified pre-loved car, but it's the first car we've purchased as a couple. All our other cars have been hand-me-downs.

Hand-me-down cars are great, don't get me wrong. It fits right in with our "reduce/reuse/recycle" philosophy and we definitely pay it forward by handing our cars down in return. But the last car (a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee) was having major issues that no mechanic could diagnose without investing hundreds of dollars. Since the car wasn't worth that much, we decided a new one was in order.

We searched for the right car for a few months and then finally found it: a 2010 VW Golf TDI. It has a diesel engine (great gas mileage), is a manual transmission (won't get stolen since no one can drive stick any more), has four doors (a must with a baby), and is all around perfect. I'm in love.

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling of owning a "new" car. I too bought my first car this year. We match! I love a VW. Enjoy. You guys deserve it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete