Thursday, October 27, 2011

That was easier than I expected.

I broke up with our Chantilly midwives yesterday. I chickened out and sent an email, though. After the ugliness with my OB, I just didn't want to deal with any more drama so I took the passive-aggressive way out.

Turns out, my fears were totally unfounded. The midwives were so kind and gracious, and were nothing but understanding and helpful about the whole transition. Had they been more local to us, I doubt I would have switched, especially knowing what I know now. They wished us the best and invited us to come back for their open house and asked if we would send pictures once Butterbean makes his entrance.

I guess it goes to show you, midwives are a whole different breed, and a completely different model of care. I feel incredibly lucky to be able to use a midwife for the birth of my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment