Friday, October 21, 2011

This is getting ridiculous.

I can't even tell you the number of people who have stared, slack-jawed, at my belly in the past week and said something along the lines of, "Oh my gosh! You are ready to pop! You were due last week weren't you?!"

Manners are clearly in short supply around these parts.

After I politely inform said obnoxious observer that no, I'm in fact only about 6 months along and not due until February, I get this in return: "Is there more than one in there?!"

Jesus H. Christ, people. I am having ONE baby. One. And I am not actually that big! I look like a normal five to six months pregnant woman! Were you all raised by wolves?! Actually, I take that back. Wolves would be more polite. I'm starting to come up with less polite retorts to these types of observations, so buyer beware. If you see a pregnant woman and you think to yourself, "wow, she looks huge!", please, for the love of all that is holy, keep it to yourself!

Say something nice or shut the hell up. "You look huge!" is not nice. It's not cute, and it makes me feel bad about myself and self-conscious about my belly. I should be proud of my belly! Showing it off! Not trying to hide it under muu-muus because of a few (hopefully) well-meaning clods. Try something along the lines of, "You look great! When are you due?" If you can't manage that, then please, don't say anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment