Monday, October 17, 2011

New paint.

It's kind of amazing how a simple coat of paint can transform a room. Allen primed the second bedroom - soon to be nursery - and we picked out 3 paint sample colors to try on the walls this weekend. We also had 2 samples leftover from when we painted the bathroom, so we put 5 samples up on the wall, total.

Here's the thing about paint... The sample cards they have in the store don't accurately represent the final color. I learned from a friend (during the bathroom project) that whatever color I liked for the walls, I should buy at least 2 shades lighter because it would look much darker once applied to a large surface. She was so right. The samples that Allen complained looked white in the store are a lot darker in practice. Also, thank god someone decided to sell small samples of the paint before you buy a whole gallon. A few of the colors are dreadful on our walls and I'm really glad I found out for a $2 and 2 minute investment.

I have 2 favorites picked out, but I'm waiting for the second coat before I decide. If they are too dark after that, it's back to the store to try to find an even lighter shade. Who knew this would be so hard?! Though, on the plus side, I think we have a theme picked out and I'm pretty excited to start sourcing furniture and decorating. Look out, Butterbean! Mama is decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment