Friday, December 30, 2011

I hate it less today.

So, I'm getting used to the hair, and I hate it less today. It still isn't quite what I imagined, but ultimately, it's only hair and it grows back. Plus, it is super easy to take care of now and I absolutely love that part.

I've been experimenting with sculpting wax and a headband and I think it's working for me. The headband makes the whole thing look younger so I'm moving away from middle aged, at least. I don't know if I've hit 25 yet, but I'm at least back in my 30s. The key for me is that even if it's not the perfect cut I envisioned, it has to be simple and quick to style. I am admittedly bad at doing my hair (or anyone's for that matter), so I tend to wash, put up and go with long hair. With short hair, 'm willing to make more of an effort, but it still can't take longer than two or three minutes. Especially with Butterbean en route. :-)

So, all in all, after a few days of getting used to it, playing around with styling accessories and just coming to grips with the fact that though I didn't get what I wanted, it's not the end of the world (or my appeal to my husband), I think I at least don't hate this hair anymore. I don't know if we've turned the corner to love, but we're at least at a mutual understanding.

P.S. After seeing the photo I posted yesterday, maybe now everyone sees why I don't put pictures up on my blog. I know it makes the whole thing more boring, but I am a terrible photographer (there, I said it), and that particular picture made me look like a deer-in-headlights. Even with the tons of makeup I put on beforehand. Kinda scary...

1 comment: