Friday, December 23, 2011

Overdoing it takes a lot less these days.

They sure don't make 'em like they used to. And by 'em I mean me.

I had a totally normal day yesterday. Got to the gym for the first time in a while and went swimming - felt pretty good about it too and specifically did NOT overdo it since it had been a while. Went grocery shopping (for the apocalypse, apparently, but that's a different post), and was planning to clean up the house and vacuum before dinner. I smelled like chlorine so I decided a shower was in order... Went to pick something up off the bathroom floor and BAM! Back spasm. But not just any back spasm, oh no. A back spasm accompanied by a distinct cracking sound.

My first thought, and I'm not even kidding, was that the baby kicked while I was bent over and cracked my pelvis. I'm a little lot embarrassed to admit that I had a flash of Bella-gives-birth-to-vampire-spawn. I didn't cry, but it was close.

Long story short, a day later and my back is still in agony. I'm calling the chiropractor to see if he has any appointments today. I'm also feeling like a housewife failure right now. The house is slowly creeping back to messy wreck and I was planning on a sparkling house for Christmas. I've discovered that your ability to make things sparkle is severely hampered when you can't bend your back at all or stand comfortably. Poor Allen is going to have to clean and make dinner. I hope he doesn't break under the weight of the chores. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment