Thursday, December 15, 2011

So I quit my job...

And somehow I have even less free time. How did that happen? The good news is that the groceries are bought, the laundry is done, the Christmas gifts are all purchased, the car has gas and the house is slowly getting cleaner. I think I'm in the middle of a perfect storm of holiday prep work, baby prep work, trying to find a routine and trying to be a good housewife and assuage some guilt over the fact that I just single-handedly halved our income.

I know I keep coming back to this, but Allen is amazing. He has commented more than once how awesome it is to have someone at home taking care of domestic stuff. I'm not sure why, but for some reason I keep waiting for him to come home and complain about how I'm not doing my fair share since I'm not working at the Patent Office any more. Maybe it's bad juju leftover from a long-ago relationship? Maybe it's guilt that I am doing something I love instead of stuck at a computer doing drudge work that I hate? Probably the latter, combined with the halving the income thing. Plus, since I hated my job so much, I feel guilty that Allen has to still work at it. But really, he actually likes his job. So I'm not sure what my problem is. I'm keeping it to myself for now. (You know, other than publicly posting it on the interwebs for all to see...) I know it will pass - it's just transitional jitters.

So apologies for the unintentional hiatus. I hope to get into a more regular routine. I can't believe how fast Christmas is coming! And then Butterbean will make his appearance not to long after! This is crazy, people! I feel like time is water slipping through my fingers, and no matter how I cup my hands I just can't hold onto it. Since the Internet is the biggest time suck on the planet, I guess I should walk away from the computer now and go finish folding clothes...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome!
    You have got to get some professional help with this guilt thing. It's not helpful or reasonable. Rational is not even an argument. Logic has nothing to do with emotions. SO get thee too a therapist. ;)
    And welcome to the world of never ending stuff to do. You do have less free time because EVERYTHING is now on YOUR plate. Ugh.
    The upside, you could just love love love doing it. In that case, you have just created the life you have always wanted to live. I'm proud of you. I love you and YOU are a great partner and Mom. GREAT!.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete