Friday, December 2, 2011

A transition.

This week was my last official work week. I'm not transitioning from working from home to working at home.

I can't even tell you how excited I am about this. I'm making plans for errands and projects for next week, though I am taking a "day off" to do nothing but revel in the fact that I don't have to clock in to work anymore. It's not all bon-bons and soap operas, though. (Even though I am eating gummy bears right now...)

I am so lucky to have a husband who understands and appreciates the value of having someone at home to take care of domestic stuff. I'm really looking forwards to getting our weekends back. Up until now, with both of us working full time, our weekends have been devoted to running errands, cleaning and catching up on things we didn't have time for during the week. Now, with one person home, a lot of that will get done while Allen is at work, and we can actually spend weekends enjoying each other's company instead of making endless lists of all the things we need to accomplish.

I have a long to-do list to accomplish before Butterbean arrives - not the least of which is actually setting up his nursery! But I also have some major house cleaning to do, Christmas cards to organize, and generally settling into a routine of domesticity. I have been feeling a twinge of guilt this week, leading up to my last day at work. I feel a bit guilty making Allen responsible for all the income earning. But I try to remind myself that though I am not providing a paycheck anymore, I am still working. I think the guilt will subside once I fall into a rhythm of house-wifery. I have been waiting for this day for a long time, and I can't believe it's finally here! It bears repeating (over and over): I am so lucky to have Allen as a husband. So, so lucky.

And grapefruit gummy bears are the best.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you. Welcome to the life you have always wanted. Plus a butterbean on the way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete