Sunday, February 12, 2012

My OB said what?!

I don't know if you guys have seen this website, My OB said what?!, but it's great. It catalogs all the ridiculous things that women's health care "professionals" say to pregnant women (and women in general). The sad thing is that these are actual things said to women. How are we supposed to winnow out the truth about pregnancy and childbirth when we are fed crap by supposed experts? I don't want to go on (another) rant, so I'll just leave it as an exercise for the reader to click the link and read some of the outrageous things women have been told by their doctors, and sadly, by midwives too.

And, as a special bonus, my experience with my OB is being featured! I feel slightly Internet famous! :-)

Caveat emptor: you will spend a lot of time outraged at what you read on this site. I have to read it in small doses to avoid outrage overload. You have been warned! (But honestly, you should get mad!)

No comments:

Post a Comment