Saturday, February 18, 2012

Still waiting.

Just in case you were curious, no baby yet. Our due date (yesterday) came and went without any fanfare. But realistically, only something like 3-5% of babies are actually born on their due date. We're enjoying the last moments of pregnancy, so I'm not fussed about wanting him to be born right this second.

These are the last moments where we will be one. Pretty soon I'll have to share him with the world. Right now it's just me and him - totally dependent on each other and on Allen to take care of us both. It's nice and while I am so excited to finally meet my squirmy little guy, I know I'll miss these moments of quiet contemplation. Where I know everything about him and yet he is a total mystery to me.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting and how nice you are able to enjoy these precious last few days of him growing inside you. Best wishes for a smooth, perfect delivery. Can't wait to hear your amazing news and beautiful birth story. You're gonna be a fantastic mama.

    ReplyDelete