Monday, February 20, 2012

Overdue.

My god, you guys. I really wish everyone would stop freaking out that I haven't delivered yet. It's making me seriously crazy. Only 3-5% of babies are born on their due dates, so why is everyone shocked that my kid is late? Most first babies are late!

Now, in addition to the midwives wanting an AFI and a non-stress test on Thursday (at 40 weeks, 6 days), I just got a call from the doctor who backs them up at the hospital wanting me to come in for a consultation on the same day. Why is everyone on my case about this?! He is only 3 days late! I was born 15 days late, my brother a week late, my sister-in-law had all her kids between 7 and 11 days late. Everyone needs to chill the fuck out. I'm not kidding. I'm starting to get really pissed about this. If you have to be relaxed and not stressed out for labor to start and/or progress, these people are doing a piss-poor job of helping me out in that respect.

This is verging on hysteria at this point and I'm sick of it. He'll come when he's ready. Everyone else can back off. Right. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment